Listed below are a few reminders of city ordinances to keep our community safe and looking great!
Guidelines for your yard:
- Grass/weeds maximum height of twelve (12) inches or less.
- Trees trimmed to at least twelve (12) feet above the street and alley and eight (8) feet above sidewalk.
- All weeds deemed noxious, [Bindweed, Puncture Vine, Sandbur Plants, Thistle, etc.] shall be removed and properly disposed of.
- Litter shall include but not limited to wood, sheet rock, plaster, brick or stone building rubble; Lawn trimmings, dead leaves, tree and shrubbery trimmings [unless these are being composted].
- Junk/litter/rubbish shall be properly abated and removed from the property within the allotted time frame given.
- Unlicensed or inoperable motor vehicles: You may keep no more than two (2) parked on a property for repair or restoration only if the motor vehicles are moved to the back of the property and covered with an automobile cover.
- Trailers, utility trailers, recreations vehicles, campers, travel trailers, boats, personal watercraft, trailered barbeques and all other items intended for attachment to a vehicle; shall not be parked on a public street unless these trailers are properly attached to a properly licensed and insured motor vehicle.
- Trailers used by contractors with the insurance of a permit are allowed to park on a public street at a location as long as it does not interfere with required driveway and vision requirements.
- Permits for contractors may be found at City Hall from Development Services.