Development Services

Permitting Process

A permit is required for most construction and land use projects that occur within the city limits and extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Scottsbluff. If you have questions about your project, please contact Development Services before beginning work. 

Required Materials - New Building Construction
Building Permit
Site Plan
Two (2) Paper Sets of Construction Drawings (including typicals)
Stormwater Permit (if necessary).
Water Connection Application
Sewer Connection Application
Energy Efficiency Document
Flood Plain Elevation Certificate (if necessary) 
Fire Suppression and Alarm Systems (if necessary) 
Construction Dumpster Application
Engineer Stamp of Approval (commercial only)
Electrical/Plumbing/Mechanical permit (issued to licensed contractor)

Required Materials - Other Construction
(Additions, Garage, Carports, Decks, Shed, Etc.)
Building Permit
Site Plan
Typical Drawings

Other Construction Types requiring permits:

-Permanent or Temporary Sign
-Private Well
-Construction, Excavation, or Obstruction of Public Right of Way
-Movement of existing building to new location
-Tree Planting/Tree Removal

Land Use projects requiring permits:
-Preliminary plat
-Amended Plat
-Final Plat
-Administrative Plat
-Planned Unit Development
-Special Permit

Printable permit applications and required materials as well as fee information are available on this website.   

Frequently Asked Questions

Website By Revize Login