Friends of the Lied Scottsbluff Public Library is a non-profit association of persons interested in the Scottsbluff Public Library. The purpose of Friends is to:
- Focus public attention on the library
- Stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services
- Receive and encourage gifts to the Friends of the Library
- Expend and use the gifts in support of the library’s objectives
- Support and cooperate with the library to encourage the use of library services and facilities by the community.
Friends of the Lied Scottsbluff Public Library are people who comprise a non-profit volunteer group with a commitment to promote excellent library service. Friends support the library in two ways, fund raising and volunteer work. Fund raising is accomplished through collection of dues and donations, by an annual book sale, and other activities.
Friends of the Scottsbluff Public Library bylaws
The Friends of the Lied Scottsbluff Public Library invite you to participate in their activities. As a member you will:
- Support the library in developing its services and facilities for the community.
- Have the opportunity to volunteer at library programs and behind-the-scenes library activities.
- Enjoy the fellowship of other Friends at social events and service projects.
- Receive the Friends' newsletter to keep informed about library programs.
Be a Friend to the library so that the library can be a better friend to the community.
Friends' Membership Dues
Annual student membership, $5
Annual senior membership (55+), $10
Annual individual membership, $15
Annual family (2) membership, $20
Lifetime membership, $100
Corporate membership, $50
The Friends of the Library Board meets the third Tuesday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in the Library meeting room.