East Overland Facade Improvement Grant
CLICK FOR APPLICATION
CITY OF SCOTTSBLUFF
The City of Scottsbluff has $59,740 for façade improvements on East Overland Drive. Grants will be available to all properties, residential and commercial, that are located on East Overland. The grant funds must be used to improve the appearance of the exterior of the property. Program guidelines are below:
1. Grant amount: Minimum grant amount is $500, and maximum grant amount is $6,000 per property.
2. Required cash match: The property owner is required to match every dollar of grant money with one dollar of their own funds. Grant funds must be spent on the exterior of the property. Matching funds may be spent on the exterior or the interior of the property.
Eligible improvements that may be supported by grant funds or matching funds include, but are not limited to:
-Paint (exterior only) -Roof Repairs - Siding
-Masonry -Sidewalk repair - Awnings
-Signage -Windows - Doors
-Landscaping - Parking Lot Repairs - Demolition
Eligible improvements allowed by the property owner include, but are not limited to:
- Insulation/Energy efficiency improvements - Parking Lot Improvements - Paint (interior or exterior)
-Electrical Upgrades or Repairs - Plumbing Upgrades or Repairs
3. Applications must have actual bids or estimates from a contractor attached in order to be considered.
4. Applicant must attend and present their application to the Community Redevelopment Authority in order to be considered for funding.
5. Funds may not be spent until after an application is approved - funds spent prior to approval will not be reimbursed.
6. Applicant must keep all receipts for materials and work done and submit to the City in order to be reimbursed. Work must be completed and receipts submitted for reimbursement within 6 months of project approval. The Community Redevelopment Authority (CRA) has the discretion to extend the timeframe on a case by case basis due to extenuating circumstances within the current fiscal year. All projects must be completed by August 1, 2021.
7. Applications will be reviewed by staff and presented to the City’s Community Redevelopment Authority at their monthly meeting. The CRA will make recommendations to the City Council, who has final say in approving projects.
8. Approved applicants must give monthly reports to the city regarding the progress of the project until completed.
9. Application Period will begin on July 7, 2020 and end on August 31, 2020.
10. All proposed improvements must meet requirements of the City’s building, fire, and zoning codes.
CLICK FOR APPLICATION